Thursday, July 3, 2008

thou shalt not whine like a little bitch

piggybacking my friend kristen's posts

which is over here somewhere (my hyperlinks aren't working)

<---------------------------

(and who consequently is currently writing from liberia... not your typical travel destination)

i'm looking at the the pictures she posted... i first notice the idyllic palm trees, the crashing waves... wait, what are those? are those rusty little shacks butted up to the beach? yup, they are. is that barbed wire surrounding her hotel? why... yes it is. she tells tidbits of people selling whatever they can get their hands on in the hopes of keeping themsselves and their kin alive.

... and here i sit wondering if i have enough time to get a manicure this afternoon or if i should even bother if i'm going to make my swimming lesson or if my shirt is *blue enough* to match the skirt i want to wear. once i *really* take a step back and look at my life, i start to think, 'how retarded!'

here's a small list of various things i have thought about that make a case for me being a mentally challenged brat:

1) the first thing i thought about when i woke up this morning was how i couldn't stand that my mattress pad wasn't fluffy enough (i'm lucky to have a bed and a roof over my head)

2) i was fairly annoyed at the pulp in my orange juice (fachrissakes i probably paid *more* for the pulp and am lucky to have juice lady!)

3) last week when i was planning for a bridal shower at my home, i didn't just do some landscaping, i had to ensure that the colors of the forthcoming flowers were going to match the wedding colors (which thankfully were pink and green and orange) ...but seriously? perhaps it's just me, but i think i'm crazy. (people are living in squalor and i'm worried that my little plot'o'weymouth matches a color scheme?)

4) i tried on three outfits before leaving my house yesterday to pick up my share of vegetables... in case i met the organizer of the whole she-bang. (you know, because people who care about buying their veggies in an organic manner are particularly fashionable? all aboard the crazy train)

this list goes on and on... and the more i think, the more i realize i'm either a whiny little bitch or the most OCD person on record.

p.s. does anyone else need to have their toilet paper and paper towels hang a certain way? this is a source of contention in my house... and, of course, i'm sure i'm right. :)

3 comments:

FireChild said...

Regarding TP and paper towels......
No. The hubby would actually have to CHANGE empty rolls for us to argue over that topic.

Beth said...

OMG we have this discussion ALL OF THE TIME. But in his defense I chose to marry the OCD too. Yes, we have to have toilet paper hang a certain way, as well as the paper towels. But I never remember which way it is. Nevertheless, he will fix it if it's wrong. Some day ask me about the light switches . ..

Jody said...

Nope- because I am the OCD-one. However, I KNOW (because I am God at 59 Walnut Street) that the TP and papertowels should be hung so that you pull them down (a.k.a the paper is on top). The reason being is that if you pull them with the paper on the bottom (so almost like you are pulling up), the roll can go "crazy" (kind of like this post) and you end up wasting a lot of TP. Also, my mother used to be a cleaning lady and that's what "they" (whoever they are) taught her. Geesh!