Thursday, June 5, 2008

the little things

on a dastardly day such as today, i just *had* to cheer myself up (if only enough to convince me that taking a shower was a good idea). here are some things i thought of today that make me happy... it's the little things really

1) that first day of the year, when as you step out of the shadows of your house, you realize that the sun is actually warm and toasty

2) the time of day just as the sunset peeks through our many living room windows and floods the house full of warm, soft light

3) the smell of freshly picked macintosh apples mixed with leaves on an october afternoon

4) my new pillow

5) waking up in the morning and knowing *exactly* what i want for breakfast and *exactly* what I'm going to wear

6) first flip-flop day (regardless of how flippety-floppity and unprofessional i sound)

7) getting home from work after the cleaner has been fussing about. there is not enough time or effort in the world that could get my house as clean as she does... and it's so worth it.

8) sun roof open: check; favorite sun glasses: check; jimmy buffett: check

9) waking up on the weekend and having no plans

10) my self-heating, big red fleecy blanket - on the couch - watching a good movie - with a pint of ice cream (that might be pushing it)

11) watching my garden take shape and change each year

12) watching my ass take shape and change each year (ok, that doesn't necessarily make me happy, but i couldn't resist)

13) reaching the end of that road race

14) mom's mashed potatoes (reference ass changing above)

15) dance class (shut up...you know you're jealous of me and my tap shoes)

16) the new girls...how could i forget?

:) those are just *some* of the little things

No comments: